26.6.12

Top Knot Tuesday

Hi ladies, Happy Tuesday! I'm from the great state of Texas (Houston to be exact) and summers in the city are scorching. Today the temperature is in the TRIPLE digits!!! Last fall before I left to attend school I got my hair cut into this really cute short asymmetrical bob and I swore to my mom that it would be last time I cut it (with fingers crossed of course), so I've been growing it out ever since.I have really thick relaxed hair, and since my cut it has grown back past my shoulders.In this heat my naturally dry scalp sweats a lot and tends to be even more dry which causes my hair to be really weak and brittle, so one style I wear to keep cool, preserve moisture & protect my hair from breakage is the ever-so-cute top knot or ballerina/messy bun. I love this particular hair style because it is simple,quick & super cute. It is a style that everyone can pull off and it can be worn in a variety settings from casual to business & formal. Below are some photo examples of how the style is worn differently and even how I rocked mine today:


textured with a boho braid like lala anthony


sleek like christina milian


retro like keke palmer


sassy with bangs like evelyn lozada


bountiful box braids like solange knowles or...




cute and simple like myself 

However you wear it you'll look fabulous if you rock it with 
confidence because thats when we all look our best.

xoxo, Vaunna

1 comment:

  1. I am so loving buns/top knots right now I am actually rocking one today check out revamp of the top knot on chantelovesbeaut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete